Sunday, June 16, 2013

Adventures with Ian

I got an early morning text from my friend Ian that said he was borrowing a friend's car and was going to be driving through Boulder if I wanted join him on a "light hike around Brainard Lake."  Ian and I had planned to go wine tasting later that afternoon and I thought that a hike before wine tasting sounded like a great idea.  Well it definetly was not a LIGHT hike but it was fun!  As we drove towards the lake, we realized that cars were no longer allowed to drive up close so we parked our car and started walking.  The path towards Brainard Lake is usually a snowshoe path.  Part of the trail was still covered in snow.  The other part was swampy water that, at times, went up to my knees.  To make it even better, as we turned away from the lake to walk the three miles back to the car, it started to POUR.  Thunder, lightening and a ton of rain!
Chunk of snow.  I was NOT dressed for snow. 
The blue skies didn't last long. This was a smaller lake at the beginning of our hike. 
Look what we ran into on our hike.  Moose #1

Moose #2.  A stones throw away! 
Made it to Brainard Lake.  By this time, my shoes were soaked in muddy water.
Lunch at the Hungry Toad pub.
Finally arrived at Bookcliff Vineyards tasting room. 


No comments:

Post a Comment