Thursday, July 4, 2013

Two Days in Vail, CO

I took a quick trip to Vail, CO for the holiday.  
After dropping off my bags at the hotel, I headed straight to the mountain.
Some people choose to take a $20 gondola ride to the top of the mountain.
I decided to save money & use my own two feet to hike to the top. 
Headed up the trail.
Almost to the top.
My hotel.  
The view from my balcony. 
Betty Ford Alpine Gardens.
4th of July parade from hotel balcony.
Army Band.
Besides being the 4th of July, it was also Vail's 50th birthday.
So many miniature gondola floats in the parade.
This is Vail's Precision Lawn Chair Demonstration team.  Google them--they are famous!
They do a hilarious dance with lawn chairs.
In this picture they were in the process of jumping over the chairs.
In the afternoon, I watched the 101st Army Rock 'n' Roll Band of Colorado National Guard.
Vail, CO
Ended my trip watching a men's lacrosse game. 
When I arrived back in Denver, this is what I saw while walking down the street.
Two llamas just hanging out on a downtown Denver sidewalk.
I didn't ask any questions.  I just took a picture and kept walking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment