Friday, December 27, 2013

First Week Back in Denver

I spent Christmas day with a great group of people volunteering at the women's homeless shelter.  The amount of food and goodies that were donated for the ladies absolutely amazed me!
Lunch Buffet
On Friday evening, I visited the Dairy Center for the Arts in Boulder, CO.  After having a very lazy few days, I am happy I convinced myself to head to Boulder because the Dairy Center was definitely worth it!  First, I walked through the art gallery and saw the Bike Art exhibit that was on display.  Bike art!!!  It couldn't get much cooler than that!  I then bought a ticket for an evening movie that was showing in the Center's cinema.  The movie, Desert Runners, was a documentary about a group of non-professional runners that decided to compete in 4 ultra marathons in 4 different deserts around the world in a one year time span.  In total, the runners raced 600 miles in temperatures up to 115*F!!  Very inspiring film but definitely not something I would ever dream of participating in!
Yay!!  And (of course) the bike gallery would not
be complete without a section devoted to my favorite
place in the world--Copenhagen, Denmark! 

No comments:

Post a Comment