Sunday, January 26, 2014

Breckenridge, CO

Today was my first time using the Colorado Mountain Express service.  I decided to take a day trip to Breckenridge, CO and loved having someone shuttle me to and from the mountains.  I spent the morning exploring some great artistic work from the 2014 Budweiser International SnowSculpture Championship.  Teams from all over the world (U.S., Finland, Italy, Spain, Germany, etc.) were given a 10x10 block of snow and 65 hours to create a sculpture using only hand tools.  Pretty amazing!  I then walked through the Breckenridge Ice Castle--icicles formed into walls and hallways, and even a cave.  After lunch, I did some fun shopping on Main St. (lots of arts & crafts) and came home with many craft projects in mind.  Ended the day reading a book at the Hyatt while waiting for the shuttle to pick me up.
Colorado Mountain Express
2014 Intl. Snow Sculpture Championship
Colorado
Germany
Mongolia 
France
Ice Castle
Icicles 

No comments:

Post a Comment