Monday, August 12, 2013

Day One With Mom--Denver

Just a few hours after finishing the bar exam, I was driving to the airport to pick up my mom.  My favorite picture from her entire trip was when she was sitting in the passenger seat of the truck I rented for the night from the carshare program.  Cool car! 
And my mom was great enough to bring my road bike with her on the plane!  
So so happy to have my Felt here in Colorado!
We spent Thursday in Denver.  
Our first stop was my favorite cafe for a cup of tea.  
My mom loved the skateboard table.  
As we walked through the Capitol Hill neighborhood, we walked by my friend Allison's apartment, visited a few churches (grandpa would be proud) and took a quick tour of the Capitol building.  We went to the State Capitol on the perfect day because it was August 1, 2013--Colorado's 137th birthday!  Did you know the song America the Beautiful was written from the top of Pikes Peak, a mountain in Colorado!?  Colorado is such a great state! 
In the evening we went to an outdoor dinner and a movie in Larimer Square.  We were lucky to have perfect weather while eating such a yummy meal under the lights.   







No comments:

Post a Comment